Queen Of The Social Scene
The invitations, they never cease;
Of you, everybody wants a piece.
You sometimes wish you were left on the shelf,
So that you can have some time to yourself.
Friends text or phone to ask when you're free
For lunch, for dinner, or a quick coffee.
Through the post, some invites are sent,
Requesting your presence at some social event.
You're a major player of the social scene,
But you've very little time inbetween
To gather your thoughts or simply rest -
To fit everyone in, you do try your best.
In your diary, you quite often look,
To make quite sure that you don't double-book.
Being so popular must be so nice,
But, up to a point, you do pay a price.
You're rushing here - you're rushing there;
You're rushing around everywhere.
Some invitations, you have to decline,
As, within your day, you don't have the time.
Rushing there and rushing here
Is extremely tiring - it is clear.
It's great to live your life to the max,
But take some time out and just RELAX!
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Queen Of The Social Scene by Angela Wybrow )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Castles Made of Salt, Michael Mira
- Your Voice, Gina Borrebach
- For peace, gajanan mishra
- Lament Before The Eve, lingering stupor
- Sons of the nature, gajanan mishra
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong