Brother Jonathan Gardner
Quiz Poem #2: World City
This marble capital to guess is, from two brothers, born.
Queen Victoria eyes Caesar's,
Awfully Painful corns.
A mnemonic of seven mounds sieze hers.
[Brother Jonathan Gardner]
Copyright © ®2008, Brother Jonathan Gardner. All rights reserved.
Okay, did you get the city's name? There are five poems that form a 'quiz poem: world city' in which you have to guess the capital city from anywhere in the world! Easy huh? Once you've got the city's name (or even if you have all five) just email me. It's for fun!
Do email answers rather than put them here as a comment, as that'll spoil it for others. So far the response has been good. Let me know if you like the idea - even if you haven't got the answer or don't want to take part.
Brother Jonathan Gardner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Quiz Poem #2: World City by Brother Jonathan Gardner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 95, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland
- This World, Sandra Feldman
- Prime Truth - 92, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Gold Star Mother, Charles Hancock
- Oooooohgust, Ferdinand L Quintos