Racism In Poetry
Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.
Disguised as mere poetry
Seething hatred shouts,
Name calling carelessly-
Gangrene inside out.
Our blood is all red-colored
Our hearts all colored rainbow,
Racist poems you authored
Your character, they show.
I was not brought up to be mean,
To racism I am not bent,
If that's where you have been
It's such a waste of your talent.
'A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, a man of understanding is even-tempered.'
Proverbs 17: 27
'Wise men store up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool invites ruin.'
Proverbs 10: 14
........................................... ................................................. ........
May 3,2008 Tarlac City
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Racism In Poetry by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- That Second Hand Music, Richard Provencher
- Seven That Second Hand Music (c) 2014, Richard Provencher
- keep slate clean, hasmukh amathalal
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 01 And That's How It Is, Shaun Shane
- 02 tired of thought, Shaun Shane
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)