Racism In Poetry
Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.
Disguised as mere poetry
Seething hatred shouts,
Name calling carelessly-
Gangrene inside out.
Our blood is all red-colored
Our hearts all colored rainbow,
Racist poems you authored
Your character, they show.
I was not brought up to be mean,
To racism I am not bent,
If that's where you have been
It's such a waste of your talent.
'A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, a man of understanding is even-tempered.'
Proverbs 17: 27
'Wise men store up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool invites ruin.'
Proverbs 10: 14
........................................... ................................................. ........
May 3,2008 Tarlac City
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Racism In Poetry by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Watch Super Bowl 2015 Live Stream Online.., Renz Barns
- everything i ever wrote sort of had your.., Mandolyn ...
- Missing, Luo Zhihai
- THE FIRST TIME, Rosie Bourget
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
- Beyond Beds Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Lonely Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Happy Birthday to A Friend I'm Missing, Akhtar Jawad
- THE BREAST CANCER JOURNEY, Rosie Bourget
- Wanting To Feel, RoseAnn V. Shawiak