Rain Or Shine
the vultures at the zoo
(all three of them)
sit very quietly in their
on the ground
are chunks of rotten meat.
the vultures are over-full.
our taxes have fed them
we move on to the next
a man is in there
sitting on the ground
his own shit.
i recognize him as
our former mailman.
his favorite expression
"have a beautiful day."
that day i did.
Charles Bukowski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rain Or Shine by Charles Bukowski )
Did you read them?
- Mukkamal Hoon tumhare Daman mein, Manish Guru
- The Stroke of one person who lie, clawdea benat
- The love which endures the pains is too .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- < He >, Aparna Chatterjee
- Never Losing Sight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collectively Protecting America, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Do You Know? Kangaroo., Ima Ryma
- Soap, Sharry Lee
- Blue flowers, Cee Bea
- With Out Your Love I Must Leave, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)