Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel Black
Raison d' Etre
Carved in stone as statues sleep
And lasting to the eye
We in life have to seek
Or dance on celestial sky
Evasive to my hand or heart
I wonder who you are
As the sprites who dance or part
Encased by celestial stars
As your loving hands caress
Or morning cups the Sun
The fool on the hill unharassed
By the runner whose mile is run
For as life's wisps we shall bring
The shine to the morning star
All are born to live and sing
Before night proclaims we were.
Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel Black's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Raison d' Etre by Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel Black )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To You, With Love, Fareez Nasir
- For smooth sailing, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Genuine respect, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Let go of my wrist!, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A sweet dream..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- She is I, Shweta Nair
- Poetic Sleeping Habits ~there are none, LUVinThe NOW
- Passing No Judgement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- An odd adventure...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Falling Leaves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak