Waltz For Zizi
Read And Smile
She left him. A tragedy, but nor he, nor she ever cried.
She was fine, he wasn't (for a while) .
He took his time, for it was hard
to get rid of such a freckled love,
and after many months
finally decided, what to do with life:
'You've thrown ground on my heart,
but I'm not gonna die here, among your monsters.
I'm gonna run, to where your eyes can't even see,
away from your smile, from your voice.
I'm gonna find the angels of your god,
and glue their wings unto my back
and only then I'll return to you,
the smile that you show today
while hiding nude, in the barbarous arms of your men.',
and then he bottled the words,
into a few verses,
that one day, she might stumble upon,
and read, smile and say:
'What a fool! '
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Read And Smile by Waltz For Zizi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mir Taqi Mir
(1723 - 1810)
(1924 - 2000)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Touch Downs, Saiom Shriver
- Bethlehem, Saiom Shriver
- Beloved Brand, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Shadow, Benjamin Michael Clark
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I See You, See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- have you seen my hand?, Mandolyn ...
- My Inspiration Are You, The Day I Saw You, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Azar, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ohio State, Saiom Shriver
- crowding around the crumbs you leave, Mandolyn ...