Reading romantic novels
Women of today aren’t women of yesterday.
A somersault has occurred in her way.
She has come out of man’s entanglement,
With her own earnings and own involvement.
Her mixing with men is very common;
To love at first sight has come uncommon.
No longing; no tryst; no more pining.
Many men around, she is a darling
Of all and not anyone’s belonging.
She tantalizes men around with a suspense.
Yet she hasn’t changed from her past woman
In one respect: she loves reading novels
Of romance where a prince finds on his way
A damsel in distress, whom he rescues
And subsequently falls in love with her.
Yes, she still finds interest in reading
Love scenes that ardent lovers would enact,
As an escape rout from the one that she leads,
And that involves a shallow intimacy
With men, who have no sense of commitment.
Reading romance is still a fantasy
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reading romantic novels by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)