Groups of men try to broker peace, in that land of troubled seas,
Seas of people from every side; men that have no peace inside.
Religious men upon their knees, are not moved by human pleas,
Men’s pleas to stop the violence, wrapped in a false benevolence.
As terror reigns in their hearts, men end each day the way it starts.
Men’s terror reigns on every side, while the Truth of God is denied,
Much of men’s religious ignorance, continues fueling the violence,
People that have no respect for life, fill the land with war and strife.
Real peace will never play a part, with violence deep in their heart,
What these men do not understand, is who exactly owns the land.
They want the people of Abraham, to be removed from God’s land.
The men who possess the land, don’t even know The Son of Man,
Who came to show the Love of God, on the very ground they trod.
God had sent all men His Salvation, through the tiny Jewish nation.
That my friend was Jesus Christ, who offered up to all men His life.
Christ is coming back, Lord of all, and to redeem His nation Israel.
A peace is coming from The Lord, and by none shall it be ignored,
As Christ reigns as Prince of Peace, in a reign that shall not cease.
When He reigns in Jerusalem, He gives peace to all, not just some.
And His peace shall forever endure, for His peace is from The Lord.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Real Peace by Bob Gotti )
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 February 1944 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)