Stripped down to the skin,
Not a word muttered;
Found no fault within,
Never stopped them,
From killing Him;
Sometimes it seems
The wild beasts are more caring;
Why then do we tear each other down,
Cause of race or clan?
Why then do we oppress,
Cause of accents and nationalities?
Why then do we murder babies and elders,
Cause of bloodless hearts?
We have the power to explore the heavens,
We can blow the earth to smithereens,
Yet we cannot feed the poor.
We cannot serve clean water,
We cannot provide shelter,
We cannot ease the pains;
We think we are superior.
Buxton Shippy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reality by Buxton Shippy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto
- Big bee, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- She, Anil Karki