Within the heart, rebellion looms, of the soul in which it dooms,
To a life which opposes authority, even The God of all Eternity.
Always seeking their own way, regardless of what one may say,
Even rejecting Eternal Truth, in spite of another’s sound reproof.
In the heart of each and every man, there is a motive and a plan,
And if there’s rebellion in the mix, your intentions, God shall nix,
Rebellion is like witchcraft friend, which God will bring to an end.
Destroying it with all other sin, that brings no Glory at all to Him.
Rebellion began in the Garden, by whom, God will never pardon,
Satan, who caused us to rebel, will end up in the depths of Hell.
Before that man was quite pure, having fellowship with the Lord.
But, tainted when he listened to, Satan, who tempts me and you.
Lucifer, who fell from the top, has been rebelling since, nonstop,
Pulling souls to Hell with him, through the rebellion known as sin.
Rebellion’s been his best tool, for reducing man, down to a fool,
To turn a man’s heart and mind, against anything which is Divine.
Rebellion friend, is nothing new, and it affects, both me and you,
Satan sows rebellion in our life, to oppose the Son, Jesus Christ,
And through the power of his lie, all Truth, he leads men to deny,
To face death along with him; instead of forgiveness of their sin.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rebellion by Bob Gotti )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Passion and Risks, UMBELINA FROTA Linhares Pime ..
- Snip!, Lawrence Beck
- Today I learned that I am an orphan - Th.., Dee Jay
- To Glorify Jesus, Tom Zart
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip