C Richard Miles
Red looks glance round
From snub-perceiving face.
Red rags stand out
For testosterone-filled bull.
Red mists crowd in
On unconsidering mind.
Red hate peers out
From anger-blinded eyes.
Red rage screams out
Through hasty, profane lips.
Red fists fly fast
With unimpeded strength.
Red blades slash deep
Through soft, submissive skin.
Red wounds gape wide
In feeble, mortal flesh.
Red rain drops down
On heat-soaked paving stones.
Red tears spill out
From stricken kinsfolk’s hearts.
C Richard Miles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Red Rage by C Richard Miles )
- Scenes From the Rain! ! ! ! ! ! ! !, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Here, Betsy Sholl
- The Blue Eyed, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Tortoise, Betsy Sholl
- A Reflecting Mirror, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sanctuary, Naveed Khalid
- Angel of Dissent, Betsy Sholl
- The Queen Mary, Ima Ryma
- Atukei, The Itesot Girl, maureen ceasar
- A Little Traveling Music, Betsy Sholl
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1923 - 1998)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)