I sit in a world that is my reality,
As I ponder the meaning of mortality.
It is my destiny it is my fate,
To leave behind this world of hate.
Today I wonder a world of perplexity,
Tomorrow I dance in a being of no complexity,
I will have no fear I will have no insecurity,
As I walk through the fields of purity.
I will leave all the hate and pains,
And I shall live in a world with no chains.
I will live in peace and I will live in serenity,
And I shall gain my full identity.
I shall not die I shall merely fade to a world of fantasy,
I will fumble with the perfect existence and living in a state of being like ecstasy.
I will dance with the stars and dance with eternity,
And leave behind all modernity.
I will be in peaceful being,
There will be no hiding and no more fleeing.
I will become what humanity has only dreamed,
From this world of sin and lies I shall be redeemed.
By: Bethany J. Maxwell
Bethany Maxwell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Redemption by Bethany Maxwell )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Poem N6, Kristian Djordjanov
- Blesses Be, Clara Keiper
- Poem N5, Kristian Djordjanov
- Glowing Face, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan