I sit in a world that is my reality,
As I ponder the meaning of mortality.
It is my destiny it is my fate,
To leave behind this world of hate.
Today I wonder a world of perplexity,
Tomorrow I dance in a being of no complexity,
I will have no fear I will have no insecurity,
As I walk through the fields of purity.
I will leave all the hate and pains,
And I shall live in a world with no chains.
I will live in peace and I will live in serenity,
And I shall gain my full identity.
I shall not die I shall merely fade to a world of fantasy,
I will fumble with the perfect existence and living in a state of being like ecstasy.
I will dance with the stars and dance with eternity,
And leave behind all modernity.
I will be in peaceful being,
There will be no hiding and no more fleeing.
I will become what humanity has only dreamed,
From this world of sin and lies I shall be redeemed.
By: Bethany J. Maxwell
Bethany Maxwell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Redemption by Bethany Maxwell )
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
- Moody hopes, Chai Amos
- About your mother's face, fiona sinclair
- When The Palmist Said, You Will Have Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Slow Burner, fiona sinclair
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)