Love was proclaimed on sight by him
My physical being does so satisfy men
I felt like a star above transending beauty, loyalty, and love
But now I feel he loves too fast
I was not his first
and woe to be his last
Before me there was cousin 'Rosaline'
A Capulet with a romantic nature
I will be severe and Romeo will no longer be my lover
My heart no longer beats for him
Hardly am I Saint Adelaide who married her father's rival
My father threatened to disown me if I continued to love a Montague the great rival of the House of Capulet
He goes to make my role with a man
Blessed Wife? Beloved mother?
I pray to Saint Agnes of Assisi that Divine Intervention will guard me
that I should pick my love
A man loyal to our love and lives a life of virtue and sanctity
Eyes that are dark, a handsome man, educated, and have travelled throughout the land
All I know of love is rather adverse
I am heiress to the House of Capulet!
And my life will not be a tradgey!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reinventing Juliet by Juliet Eggemeyer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- *XII*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Simply Spoken School Of Life, Heather Burns
- Simply Spoken Obtaining, Heather Burns
- WILD FLOWERS IN THE PATOS ORCHARD, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Simply Spoken Foundation, Heather Burns
- yup, you know i love you, Mandolyn ...
- Time Machine, Tammy Ashton
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE SWIMMING POOL الب.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aemulus, Arik Fletcher
- Take it all it's entirely all for you baby, Mark Heathcote