Hello Winter, hello flanneled
blanket of clouds, clouds
fueled by more clouds, hello again.
off to the west, that silver
of sunset, rust-colored
and gone too soon.
And night (I admit to a short memory)
you climb back in with chilly fingers
and clocks, and there is no refusal:
ice cracks the water main, the garden hose
stiffens, the bladed leaves of the rhododendron
shine in the fog of a huge moon.
And rain, street lacquer,
oily puddles and spinning rubber,
mist of angels on the head of a pin,
and snow, upside-down cake of clouds,
white, freon scent, you build
even as you empty the world of texture-
hello to this new relief,
this new solitude now upon us,
upon which we feed.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Relearning Winter by Mark Svenvold )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Angels At Play, Ronald Chapman
- Amazing Day, Ronald Chapman
- Mr & Mrs toad 30 sec ditty, lee fones
- A bold voice sings..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- 시 벚꽃, Ronald Chapman
- rattled 'n saddled, Mandolyn ...
- Cherry Blossom Time (Korea Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Sounds of Silence, Anita Sehgal
- ANNE FRANK FANTASIZES, jack peachum
- 내 한국의 많은 꿈 중 하나 (지역) 꿈, Ronald Chapman