Religions versus Individuals (Opinion) !
Every religion has two kinds of followers:
1. Who silently follow their religion as far as rituals are concerned; and live a spiritual life transcending their respective religions causing peace and harmony to fellow human-beings irrespective of their religion, nationality, language, richness, poverty, etc., They live and let live.
They show compassion to all creation. Pray for well-being of all.
2. The other type who are the fundamentalists. They think their religion is only best and want to impose that on others and if they resist they even physically eliminate them even. they go to any extent to save their religion and its 'teachings', always misinterpreting them. They have only hatred for other religion-people. This type of individuals exist in every religion and only these people who bring bad name to religions.
Observing these people many intellectuals and rationalists blame religions for the the atrocities they commit in the name of the religion.
So only individuals are good or bad not religions; not languages; not ideologies; not gender; not nationalities;
When first type of people dominate societies, nations peace and happiness prevail.
If second type of people dominate, only terror, killings, torture, etc., prevail in the society.
Religions, ideologies, nations, etc., clearly fail to influence this second type of people towards positive and harmonious path. Only individuals in every religion who transcend their religious and etc., affiliations and work for the good of the humanity.
Such individuals are available in every religion etc.,
The societies and nations are not making use of their services.
Only virtue and evil exist among the human-beings of this planet.
Let every one realize this before concluding. One cannot wish away religions, ideologies, languages and geographies etc., divisions.
Varanasi Ramabrahmam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Religions versus Individuals (Opinion) ! by Varanasi Ramabrahmam )
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)