Some people say that I am religiously intolerant and narrow minded,
This will change when Jesus comes and they all become hind sighted.
Although they too have eyes they have been blinded and can not see,
The narrow truth of God's only Gospel, so that they too can believe.
Christ said “I am the way and the truth and the life”, it wasn't me,
Jesus then continued “No one comes to the Father except through me”.
I am intolerant however of falsehood peddled in the name of religion,
While these teachers allow their followers to carry on a life of sin.
And I'm not alone and it's not religion, but Jesus Christ is my lead,
As I read about how Christ dealt with those who caused Him to bleed.
For their religious zeal without knowledge, a future darkness looms,
As Christ rebuked their hypocrisy by calling them whitewashed tombs.
For Christ being the very nature of Eternal God from the very start,
Could see through their external lies right into their wicked hearts.
And because of their unbelief and their arrogant religious overtones,
That Jesus told all the Pharisees they were full of dead men's bones.
For Christ knew it was by His own people that He would be rejected,
But, there were many who believed and by Christ they were accepted.
And on the cross as He said forgive them, they know not what they do,
God's Grace and Salvation was opened up to Gentiles like me and you.
(Copyright © 01/2003)
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Religiously Intolerant by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(15 April 1958)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- QUARTER! 2015 Australian Open: Djokovic .., Vincent Wendele
Poem of the Day
- i'm on duty!, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- Battle Of Hard Knocks, Lyn Paul
- Expectancy ..(A Senryu w/ Haiku Syllabic.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Almost A Decade, Rimni chakravarty
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Smile!, Avinash Nair
- mGIC TREE, oskar hansen