Remember the day that we first met?
Remember the rain? We were soaking wet.
Remember the cafe? Cosy and quiet.
Remember the glorious summer days?
Remember the wonderful, blissful haze?
Remember our funny little ways?
Remember giving me that red rose?
Remember writing me verse and prose?
Remember kissing the end of my nose?
Remember that day in the shopping queue?
Remember that beautiful girl, named Sue?
I watched you both and I just knew,
Remember saying 'everything is fine'?
Remember your attempts to wine and dine?
Remember claiming you'd always be mine?
Remember how the good times flew?
Remember moving on to pastures new?
Remember thinking I hadn't a clue?
Until the day that I left you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remember by Kim Davies )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Muddle, Sunny Chopra
- Hell or Heaven, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The Beauty that is Simplicity, Leong Ming Loong
- ALL MY DAYS, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Siclliano, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Goodnight Kiss 3, Michael P. McParland
- Mona Lisa, The Enigmatic Masterpiece, Rajesh Thankappan
- A Dream Of Death, Luo Zhihai
- Why Life?, Sandra Feldman