Remember when the leaves rustled
through the tree.
And the birds would sing their song
throughout the day.
Remember when the sky was always
And the water always crystal clear.
Remember when the children would
run through fields.
And the parents would only worry
about night fall.
Remember when there was nothing to
Not a care in the world and only
thoughts of the present.
The leaves have fallen.
The birds have flown away.
The sky is grey.
And the water murkier than the
The children are stuck inside in fears
And the parents worried about what
will be put in the sky by the time
morning rolls around.
The thoughts of the people are only
nobody remembers the clean for it was
hundreds of years ago.
and nobody knows how to get it back.
Vishal Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remember when by Vishal Sharma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- IMITATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Pugad ng pag ibig, Jesus James Llorico
- EXPECTATIONS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- My friend, joe foster
- SELF VS SELFISH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- WISEASS VS. WISEGUY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SUCCESS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Condemn me, hasmukh amathalal
- GETTING EVEN 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Ebola Suspicion, douglas scotney