Remember when the leaves rustled
through the tree.
And the birds would sing their song
throughout the day.
Remember when the sky was always
And the water always crystal clear.
Remember when the children would
run through fields.
And the parents would only worry
about night fall.
Remember when there was nothing to
Not a care in the world and only
thoughts of the present.
The leaves have fallen.
The birds have flown away.
The sky is grey.
And the water murkier than the
The children are stuck inside in fears
And the parents worried about what
will be put in the sky by the time
morning rolls around.
The thoughts of the people are only
nobody remembers the clean for it was
hundreds of years ago.
and nobody knows how to get it back.
Vishal Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remember when by Vishal Sharma )
- My fiance, ramesh rai
- Oh Now, Chris Broast
- A Personal Tribute: In Praise of a Perso.., Dr John Celes
- The Day after grad., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Micro unto Macro, Curtlan Popo
- Birds in a Cage, Tango Tango
- Old House, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Beautiful Lady, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Where would I be?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Naked, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Poetry, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)