Before I take another step forward,
I wish I could retrace the past.
I’d walk the steps when I was young
and breathe that air into my lungs.
It was cleaner then, no pollution around.
It was quieter then, no raucous sound.
I’d walk the steps when all was new
and picture the world with troubles few.
It was easier then, no doors to lock,
It was safer then, no fearful knock.
Time moved slower. Days were long.
I could understand the words in a song.
I’d walk the steps when bright-eyed hope
gave me courage that I could cope
with all the things that came my way
and would always be there every day.
It was calmer then, yet I know
that all these steps were bound to go.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reminiscence by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Creators, Midnights Voice
- Without You..! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- I'm not fine without you, Pijush Biswas
- P08222014, Andy Caldwell
- Simple Thought, Tim Holmes Jr
- A Glowing Angel, Rohit Sapra
- Fire Balls, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- AL-KATTAB (A PLACE USED TO BE AN ALTERNA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I lack true knowledge, gajanan mishra
- THE INEVITABLE DEATH, AMADU KAMARA