Requiem~~An Ode To Time
Time moves forward, without stopping
And fastened on her shoulders, bind our existence.
Aged and tired slowly we saunter her
Most are left behind, diminishing in the distance.
Weary, withered, and forgotten
We try to helplessly hinder our steps
But the cruel bitch, the time
Will not rest into one place.
...And we follow... without knowing...
Memories shatter into thousand pieces
While life takes different forms
Cheating, hate, lies and all the vices.
The witch time sucks up our dreams,
Scars our hopes, smothers our yearnings.
Ruthlessly she chops our hearts
Lets our loves mercilessly burning.
She discards us one by one.
Rips up our souls, she steals our lives.
Time shoves us in the abyss of death
She easies her burden, and lets out a relieved sigh...
Besa Dede's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Requiem~~An Ode To Time by Besa Dede )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Palestinian Plight! ! !, Samudeen M.A. Ilimu
- Self-Portrait in Conway, Arkansas, Fritz Ward
- Back, Fritz Ward
- Front, Fritz Ward
- Life, George Egba
- And What I Go On Believing, Rites Ghosh
- Prime Truth - 27, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- COPLA SESENTA Y DOS: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Prime Truth - 26, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Mister Bojangles, Jim Yerman