How do you suppose to make me see.
All you wanted was for me to be.
All you wanted me to speak.
What respect? I never recieved.
The secrets you keeped from from me.
The bruises and pain that weekend my knees.
Until I respected myself to finally leave.
You were right all along.I knew I was weak.
Respect, is what I have achieved.
All on my own!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Respect' by GloriaC Gonzales )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I broke your heart, shubham sutar
- I APOLGIZE FOR YOU انا بعتذرلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- art uncle jude, binod bastola
- happy birthday to you, shubham sutar
- Flying together, Nalini Chaturvedi
- fight back for you, shubham sutar
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar