Resting On The Seventh Day
Work monday through saturday,
And then on the seventh day rest,
This is the best way to do things.
God did this, that is one reason to say
mark sunday for an off day, after church play.
Ride with your son,
Play dolls with your daughter, she thinks that is fun.
Lay in bed with your mate, become like two buns,
Or walk your dogs around the block, even if they wiegh a ton.
More than anything though, find a church and go as a family.
Even if you have no family,
Get with friend and invite people you know and be a multi-family.
Love one another and start attending,
Your heart amd health will start mending.
Rita Hawkins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Resting On The Seventh Day by Rita Hawkins )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Situationships, abigail sikwenda
- Kind leaning, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dreamt About You, abigail sikwenda
- Please Remember, abigail sikwenda
- So near, yet so far..., Musical Ravi
- Shackled by Love, Maheshwer Peri
- Lackadaisical, Diane Hine
- Ghost City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The fine things in life, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Dead concern, hasmukh amathalal