Jesus Christ has risen my friend, now, life through Him has no end,
For witnesses who saw Christ die, saw Him risen to ascend on high,
To the women, the angel had said, Christ has risen, He is not dead,
Indeed many others came to see, the tomb of Christ, is now empty.
Even those guarding the tomb, seeing that angel, felt a dark doom,
Seeing the wonder of The Lord, God’s power could not be ignored,
From that angel, white as snow, all those present, now would know,
Christ has risen just as He said, so now joy had filled them instead.
On the road they heard His voice, so all together they would rejoice,
Told to go and tell their brothers, so today, like them, we tell others;
Unlike those elder, Jewish Priests, who wickedly conjured up deceit,
To explain away The Risen Truth, changed lives are His Living Proof.
Changed through The Resurrection, we now share God’s Revelation,
Now sent forth as Christ’s disciple, with our Lord’s mission to fulfill,
So as we herald God’s Salvation, we make disciples in every nation,
Teaching them to obey all He said, spreading His Truth in His stead.
To be a disciple you must first, become a member of God’s Church,
Not that building with a steeple, but, His Body of born again people,
Saved by Christ, as sinners lost, through God’s Power of The Cross,
Now raised by God to New Life, by The Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Resurrection Power by Bob Gotti )
- The Horse Race., Harold R Hunt Sr
- That's Why I'm Afraid, Neela Nath
- Ex's, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Articulate Through Art, Curtlan Popo
- Classic dances, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The tengrian praying at sunrise, Zamir Osorov
- I Am We, Curtlan Popo
- Authenticity, Diane Hine
- My New Neighbour, Valsa George
- Royals Baseball Poem, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Different Ways to Pray, Naomi Shihab Nye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)