Revisiting Bob Dylan
Tonight I'm ringing the praises of Bob Dylan
revisiting again, listening to 'Have Mercy'
track called 'Ring Those Bells'.
Sounds even more profound today
guess my ears are ten years older.
Track by track I'm listening hard
before I heard how everything man
everything is broken, fallen outa tune
cynical oh so cynical but true.
Dylan always tells it way it is friend.
'Man In The Long Black Coat' floats
is surely the stand out number.
Spiritual, mystical intense and plain weird.
This poetic song grabs upon my mind
intense oh so incredibly intense.
What good am I sings Bob Dylan
asking questions we all should answer.
So personal man oh so very personal.
Listening hard I'm hearing word conceit
called 'The Disease Of Conceit' man.
Lastly I'm hearing shooting star
about forlorn love gone yesterday before.
Grabs my heart strings so tightly
and Bob Dylan delivers the goods so,
so I'm playing have mercy again, again.
Wayne Falconer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Revisiting Bob Dylan by Wayne Falconer )
- Burnt Offerings, John Tansey
- On the Day Isaac Lay Upon the Rock, Guillermo Veloso
- 567, Mandolyn ...
- A Painful Extraction, Greg Costello
- Never Conquering Friendship, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At shoes' stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hindsight Can Not Be Blinded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- It's impossible, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An insane world, Tango Tango
- In Love You Take to Lap, Mantu Mahakul
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Heather Burns