Revisiting Bob Dylan
Tonight I'm ringing the praises of Bob Dylan
revisiting again, listening to 'Have Mercy'
track called 'Ring Those Bells'.
Sounds even more profound today
guess my ears are ten years older.
Track by track I'm listening hard
before I heard how everything man
everything is broken, fallen outa tune
cynical oh so cynical but true.
Dylan always tells it way it is friend.
'Man In The Long Black Coat' floats
is surely the stand out number.
Spiritual, mystical intense and plain weird.
This poetic song grabs upon my mind
intense oh so incredibly intense.
What good am I sings Bob Dylan
asking questions we all should answer.
So personal man oh so very personal.
Listening hard I'm hearing word conceit
called 'The Disease Of Conceit' man.
Lastly I'm hearing shooting star
about forlorn love gone yesterday before.
Grabs my heart strings so tightly
and Bob Dylan delivers the goods so,
so I'm playing have mercy again, again.
Wayne Falconer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Revisiting Bob Dylan by Wayne Falconer )
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
- Chicken Burger, Angela Wybrow
- Take me home, Barbara Dixion
- How...?, Ginny Gibbs
- gustakhi karke ched gyin uski aankhein, Yashvardhan Goel
- mukda, Yashvardhan Goel
- No More Yelling, Michael McParland
- The Wilderness We Abandon, Robert Rorabeck
- Best Lesson, sallam yassin
- Our Heavenly Souls, Robert Rorabeck
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)