Dr.V.K. Kanniappan (17.10.1944 / Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India)
Rich men should donate liberally to the good cause!
A rich man happened to meet a saint
“O’ Son, said the saint, ‘the position
of your planet is not perfectly alright,
There is a chance of losing your wealth!
So, If you buy fruits and donate to the poor,
You are likely to have less trouble for ever,
The rich man is a miser who thought that
if he buys the fruits, his wealth may not last!
Sadly he thought he might incur a lot of expenditure,
He thought of an alternate plan to venture,
ordering his servant to pick the plantain fruits
already ripe and about to fall from the trees!
He brought a few fruits daily from the garden
And handed over to his servant maiden
The maiden thought that the fruits
are already putrid and may get worse!
She handed over the ripen fruits to milkman
to feed these fruits to cow and it’s young one,
The milkman threw away the putrefied fruits
Saying these will affect the health of the cows!
Alas! finally the rich man lost his wealth
due to his planet position and miserly nature,
If one is donating liberally to the good cause,
He will be blessed and rewarded by God!
Poet Other Poems
- A beautiful portrait! -Haiku
- A Brahman Wins By Tactics
- A Day When The Food Eaten All Alone
- A dumb person having a dream!
- A Favor Done To Men Of Knowledge and Vir...
- A Feeling Of Euphoria In The Fertile Fie...
- A Good Modern Poem
- A Guava fruit a day
- A house with a deferring wife becomes a ...
- A learned person shall not eat the food ...
- A Lover Is Perplexed At Seeing His Fianc...
- A married wife who is disobedient to the...
- A Person Who Does Not Skip Moral Values!
- A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Pe...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.