River of Red
To smile seems so hard,
When it’s only me, myself, and I.
No friends, family, nor strangers,
See the true me as they're walking by.
Inside is a raging stream,
Inner tears feed its flow.
Death is patently waiting,
I’m drowning in sorrow.
Saving myself isn’t possible,
I haven’t the strength you see.
My worth must be little,
Go away and let me be.
My end will not be a surprise,
Too many, I’m already dead.
Death comes without warning,
It flows a river of red.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (River of Red by Mark Farmer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ghar sey chale toh the maikhane ko - Gha.., Talab ...
- Two Thumbs Up And No Head Bowed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Am A Temple, Elma Burke
- dirTY scratches on a napkin by, the de.., sEaN nOrTh
- Words, Monica Lanier
- I Believed In You, Lilly Emery
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmai Uppu
- overleg, co the skipper