Barry Van Allen
I have traveled down the road of many vices,
I have traveled down the road of fractured dreams,
I have traveled down the roads of lovers leaving,
and I have traveled down those roads enough, it seems.
I have traveled down the highways of injustice,
and traveled on the highways of deceit,
I have traveled down the many roads of doubt,
and traversed too many roads of ' incomplete '.
I have driven on the turnpikes of destruction,
and I have rested on the sides of these at night,
I have traveled down the roads of wrong selection,
and I have known the fear that comes with needless
I have ventured down the highways of reflection,
and gazed upon the pathways of despair,
I have traveled down the road of self-deception,
and found, that in the end ...
nobody really cares!
In all my aimless travel,
I have found it to be true ...
that no matter what you think you know,
... there always is a different point of view!
Barry Van Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Roads by Barry Van Allen )
- Sheep of yesterday, today and ever..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Money plays, hasmukh amathalal
- Thinking's Mates, michael walkerjohn
- translate button on blouse, Havilah
- BEAUTY, BUT NOT BEAUTIFUL, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Beauty Of Song, Eve Carter
- WHINING FAITH, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Savoring Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Integrity, Hans Raj Sharma
- In The Bosom of The Fire Is The Mystery, Little Eagle McGowan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)