For millions of years they have been around,
imagine what history they have seen
as evolution passed on its way.
Silently they stood as sentinels
but never breathing a word.
Waiting and watching
the downward spiral of
a once lush green planet,
grateful they had no feelings
to suffer the sorrow they see.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rocks by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Rivals, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- ODE TO COLONEL GADDAFI, alexander opicho
- Catapult, Naveed Khalid
- Canadian geese to base, lee fones
- Let Us Enjoy The Tiny Moments Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Meanderings, Naveed Khalid
- The Love To Motherland, Bulat Okudzhava
- Pastimes Of Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Think tank, gajanan mishra
- Be thankfull, obed obser