Romeo x Juliet
Would you like to be star crossed lovers
Begin with a romantic night?
Meet through a crowd and share one glance
And know just then our love was right.
Would you be my Romeo
And I your Juliet?
The love we’ll share so powerful
And more powerful it will get.
Shall we defy our families with our love
Against their blessing and will
And run off married forevermore
With more love our hearts can fill.
How happy we’ll be in blissful matrimony
Our childlike love free in the sun
No greater feeling than playful moments
Of romance so young and fun.
Yet would you drink such toxic poison
And end your life today?
To find me kept in a chilled mausoleum
My love for you now gone away.
And would I end my life for you
With a jagged dagger in my heart?
So much for star crossed lovers we thought we’d be
Guess we could never play the part.
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Romeo x Juliet by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Tranquil Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- साना हाबबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men And Women, Matthias Pantaleon
- No Haiku Haiku (This is not a title!), Brian Johnston
- Kindness Of A Stranger, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To my sister on the death of our father, Roger A. Rose
- If a Hippo Said Boo, Stephen Katona
- Real, The Princess
- Poetic Journey, Sandra Feldman
- Start Afresh, Tirupathi Chandrupatla