Roses, You Must Be
Clusters of all blooming roses boast
petals within petals; closer inspection reveals
the mystery of each petal's inscrutable face.
Roses are cool and valiant in winter;
I love the haughtiness of summer roses
that blossom in shorter, more brilliant lives.
Last night's dream found me in the rose garden
surrounded with no way out. I madly scattered
roses, petal after petal to the wind.
Each summer goes by reminding me of how
I love the strong boasting rose more than
the fragile pink that is miserable at heart.
Yellow roses, you must be yellow and yellow forever,
and red roses, you must be red, red, red to the death.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Roses, You Must Be by Yukiko Inoue )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay