Other cats, they just pass me by,
But you seemed keen to say ‘Hi! '
We had never met each other before,
But you were keen to offer a friendly paw.
On top of the bed, I saw you lazing;
Into my eyes, you were intently gazing.
When I beckoned and called your name,
Your eyes lit up like a flickering flame.
You jumped off the bed and stood at my feet;
Petting you, I said ‘Oh, you're just so sweet! '
You seemed really keen to make a new friend;
I had to go, but I hoped that I'd see you again.
With you, I feel that I've made a connection;
Your soul seems to revel in peoples' affection.
You seem gentle and mild and so laid back;
To make people love you, you have a knack.
I hear that you are obsessed with your food:
That for eating, you're eternally in the mood!
Sitting by the window, you love gazing out:
Watching birds in the tree, I have no doubt!
With your previous family, you felt so alone,
But now, you are living in a happy home.
By your new family, you are totally adored:
And by them, you'll never ever be ignored.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ruby by Angela Wybrow )
- Making change, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)