Im my mind it feels as though I am running, running just to be as near to your side as possible.
Everytime it feels like I've made an inch closer to you, I feel your current dragging me back to start.
So I keep on running to be near.
I know you don't want me by your side, but I keep on running forward, for your endless light keeps on nawing at my attention.
So, I keep on running to be near.
Even though it feels like Im starting to get close, I've always been a million or more miles away, but I want to keep my run,
For I feel more than you'll ever know to be with you for lives to come, so I keep on running to be near.
Running, Running, Running to be as close as I possibly can to you.
Running, Running, Running
Lexie Mulkey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Running by Lexie Mulkey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock