Im my mind it feels as though I am running, running just to be as near to your side as possible.
Everytime it feels like I've made an inch closer to you, I feel your current dragging me back to start.
So I keep on running to be near.
I know you don't want me by your side, but I keep on running forward, for your endless light keeps on nawing at my attention.
So, I keep on running to be near.
Even though it feels like Im starting to get close, I've always been a million or more miles away, but I want to keep my run,
For I feel more than you'll ever know to be with you for lives to come, so I keep on running to be near.
Running, Running, Running to be as close as I possibly can to you.
Running, Running, Running
Lexie Mulkey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Running by Lexie Mulkey )
- Silent Witness, James coupland
- A happy Farmer Family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)