Im my mind it feels as though I am running, running just to be as near to your side as possible.
Everytime it feels like I've made an inch closer to you, I feel your current dragging me back to start.
So I keep on running to be near.
I know you don't want me by your side, but I keep on running forward, for your endless light keeps on nawing at my attention.
So, I keep on running to be near.
Even though it feels like Im starting to get close, I've always been a million or more miles away, but I want to keep my run,
For I feel more than you'll ever know to be with you for lives to come, so I keep on running to be near.
Running, Running, Running to be as close as I possibly can to you.
Running, Running, Running
Lexie Mulkey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Running by Lexie Mulkey )
- Distant Whirring, Curtlan Popo
- A Challenge Title Contest - 2014's Oct N.., Brian Johnston
- Intuitively Wondering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- No Other Presence, Hannah Bryson Price
- Transcendent Evolution, Curtlan Popo
- Stress = God Is In Control, Tom Zart
- Another Crossroads, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am remembering that day, gajanan mishra
- Climbing A Mountain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- First Love At First Sight, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Question, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)