Lawrence S. Pertillar
Rusted, Busted But Will Not Give Up
The car stalls.
Wheels on it seems corrupted,
By a collection of dust...
No one has thought,
To have ever cleaned...
The build up of muck,
That has it stuck.
Rusted, busted but will not give up,
Are those riding inside...
Demanding from the driver,
While those riding inside decide,
If it is to their benefit...
To assist the driver,
With either a push or a pull.
Maybe someone should consider,
Perhaps there is a need for gas.
Who should pay the price.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rusted, Busted But Will Not Give Up by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)