When I saw the look in your eyes,
I knew I had done wrong.
Sadness overwhelmed my soul
as you sang that sad song.
Try and try as I might,
I can only do wrong.
And so I am forever listening,
listening to your sad song.
But today is the day you cry your last sad song,
for today, I will do what is right.
I will leave you forever,
to sing in your happiness,
alone, unbothered by all.
Today I go in peace,
no more lamenting in pain.
Today my soul dies,
your love I could not sustain.
Sam Hughff's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sad Song by Sam Hughff )
- SPICES OF LIFE, Philo Yan
- Flower & Sickle, Arno Le Roux
- There must be people around., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love implicit, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Thanksgiving, ramesh rai
- Thanksgiving Day 2014 For Jakie, Shalom Freedman
- Think Alike, Naveed Akram
- The Gods and Heaven.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Troubled Box, Naveed Akram
- Colored, Caylin stansberry
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(18 November 1939)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)