I have become an empty shell
because my shell is gone-
in more words than I can tell.
Another stain upon my face,
no I can't take this anymore.
Everything I do for you is thrown back at me
and I crumble to the floor.
My name is a disgrace, and I'll admit,
it's mostly all my fault.
For meeting you and falling in love,
for believing in your lies and
the charm of your sweet talk.
But you have locked me away in a dungeon
and thrown away the key.
I try so hard to escape this prison,
ignored are my cries and my pleas.
A small hole of light that serves as a window,
the only hope that I have,
A chance for freedom,
a chance to break free from these chains.
To leave you behind,
to hide from your persecuting glares,
to not be stuck in such a hellish
To make my great escape.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Great Escape by Sam Hughff )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- no one has ever done good without....., RIC S. BASTASA
- the night deepens, RIC S. BASTASA
- to begin with....., RIC S. BASTASA
- who is someone in your mind?, RIC S. BASTASA
- try sipping this, RIC S. BASTASA
- the reason why i am still a part of you, RIC S. BASTASA
- the dream for peace, RIC S. BASTASA
- Heat, Evageline Echo
- Do what is fair, gajanan mishra
- Be aware of rules, gajanan mishra