I feel sad
I don't know the reason
I wish I know
The sadness is gripping me
I feel no joy
I feel no happiness
What the future holds?
I feel arrows o sorrow landing in my heart
I feel silent cry
I keep wondering why I am sad?
Have the dreams of life faded away?
Have the flowers in the garden withered away?
Is it the cries from the past haunting me?
Is it the open wounds that never healed?
I feel apprehension
Life is now uneventful and monotone
is it the queitness before the storm?
The howling sounds echoe in my mind
the sense of life and death resonates
Feeling of loneliness add to sadness
Memories of loved ones revist me
wheels of time have turned rapidly
new pages of life will soon be open
wondering what they will be?
Will they be happy?
Will they be sad?
It is great mystry
the fear in my heart toys with me
The mystereous sadness remains
I want to drink from cup of joy
I want to smell the fragrance of the flowers
sherif monem's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sadness by sherif monem )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Happiness is not preventive., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fatal Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Be a finger of the hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- My Typical Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I shall love self, hasmukh amathalal
- Keep the thought free., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I remember, hasmukh amathalal