SALVOS OF THE FUGITIVE
I salute you not...
on your sheet of freedom i fail to find a single blot..
the slightest splatter of on the pact that in fact further reseeded you deeper into the shackles of your stagnation...
resignation, indignation, exclusion, ferocious yet toothless nations..
Cravings of rave reviews taint your carvings of reality..
enslaving the pixels your true beauty paints...where is your true sanctity?
you hail your rather frail self..
as your unexploited gems still wail from obscurity's shelf...
Seen but unseen.. places in your destiny you have never been..
they scoff at your flickering beam..
as you shed your lush greens for the rather harsh green of envy..and shared it among your kindred...
as you bellow with a voice unheard with zero decibels, far below the heads of your heads and the debacles they founded..
'you are free forever' at least so they said..
free to flaunt your gracefulness in their shop window
free to pledge your faithfulness to their exploitative overthrow..
free to self inflict your demise..
free to compromise on the sale of your soil for no price..
free to hold your head up high.. because you cannot bear to look down..
..to look down and see mosquitoes killing humans..
..to look down and see a land of poverty beating a rich land at chess
...to look down and see yourself on your knees.. begging for your own treasures..
...to look down and see a land stripped stark..
...stripped stark of its identity.
....stripped stark of economic serenity..
....stripped stark of dignified leadership..
....stripped stark of all the gold, diamonds, silicon, cotton and wisdom..
................................. ................................................. .................
.....'speechless'.. the time is now.. the people are you and i..the task is to spearhead our true freedom...
delalorm fiaka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SALVOS OF THE FUGITIVE by delalorm fiaka )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Christmas Bells, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Insanity, Daimon Bagley
- Words with no Rhyme or Reason, Holly Wotherspoon
- Who Am I Here? #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- To My Wife, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland
- Red Tulips, Holly Wotherspoon