Lawrence S. Pertillar
It seems those who resent,
The re-interpreting of 'their' versions told...
Of lives lived to experience,
Are the ones with perceptions given...
From distances and not one moment spent,
Doing it to live but through the use...
Of borrowed sensationalized imaginations.
Seduced by delusions hyped and fictionalized,
To compare to existing myths...
Caricatured and stereotyped to depict,
A fantasize marketing that brings a comfort...
To a reality already thriving on dysfunctions.
And choosing many do a refusing of the truth.
Since sanity accepted today is not a profit maker.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sanity Accepted by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen
- ASHES IN THE EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI