Lawrence S. Pertillar
It seems those who resent,
The re-interpreting of 'their' versions told...
Of lives lived to experience,
Are the ones with perceptions given...
From distances and not one moment spent,
Doing it to live but through the use...
Of borrowed sensationalized imaginations.
Seduced by delusions hyped and fictionalized,
To compare to existing myths...
Caricatured and stereotyped to depict,
A fantasize marketing that brings a comfort...
To a reality already thriving on dysfunctions.
And choosing many do a refusing of the truth.
Since sanity accepted today is not a profit maker.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sanity Accepted by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- The Ifs Of My Life, Trevor Toews
- Scratch, Trevor Toews
- The Ways, Gholamreza Zarban
- To Neilburg, Trevor Toews
- The New Norm, Michelle Dragonfly
- Context, Trevor Toews
- Love Stoned, Electric Lady
- The Guardian, Trevor Toews
- 'I Love You, I Love You.', Michelle Dragonfly
- Screams In The Dark, Michelle Dragonfly