Who turned out the lights?
Whose bellowing rants faded out the desolate cries?
Who impeded my sights?
Making my bright vision a bleak mirage.
Who encroached on our dignity?
Feasting on our widows’ mites with grave impunity
Who stuck out his chest and volunteered to spearhead the quest for the conquest of our domineering thirst?
Bundling up our senses in deceit and looting our already half empty peasant chests.
Who promised to raise infimiries? , and for our offspring nurseries and primaries?
But is instead being carted in sophisticated noiseless trolleys?
Who traded our beds for caskets?
And shot our poor hearts with greed ridden muskets?
Who is playing that tune of discord?
Who is that arrogant aristocrat? That domineering despot!
Who bottles all the power?
And drinks it all in heavy swigs of debilitating discretion!
Who flew up the tower? And shut the windows to his people!
Strengthening his pocket lines whilst making the masses feeble!
Who cut short the tune? flowing with melodies of progress..
Whose shears were used to prune? Our sanity and dignity and compound our distress...
Who is that admiring teacups? ?
Instead of providing water to cure our worsening social hiccups...
Whose rolls Royce is sitting on the curb? Right adjacent the cripple rather unperturbed..
Whose suit is that expensive one? ?
A fraction of its garment can feed an expansive land..
Who plunged us into this abyss? Into our miserable plight...
Who turned out the lights?
delalorm fiaka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SANS KANIA! by delalorm fiaka )
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- to the one who reads me every day on pur.., Mandolyn ...
- to the one who reads me every day, on ac.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- When will I grow up?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Good Poem, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)