Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
Santa Please Write My Mama A Letter
Santa, please write a letter
To my mama for me.
Make it short but sweet
Like the honey in her tea.
Could you tell her that I love her
In the letter and Sir,
That I appreciate all she does
To make my life better...
Santa please, wouold you write
My mama a letter?
Tell her I am sorry for every tear
I made fall from her eyes...
Tell her that I am sorry for those
Awful pack of lies she said nearly
Broke her heart...
Tell her I never thought
I could also hurt from the pain I brought
To her life,
Because of me, she said, she had
failed as a mother and a wife...
But it is not so,
Tell her so she will know It wasn't her
Fault pop up and left one Christmas
Morning, long before the sun had come up...
Santa, I apologize because he took your
cookies and milk,
Leaving a note saying that his cup
Had just run over and over...
Santa, in the letter to my mama, please
Tell her that I had to leave, but I'll
Be back some day,
But right now it is best if I
Just go away...
Time to grow up and stand on my own...
Tell her I know God will be with her and
She won't be alone.
I pray that God will continue to bless and
Hold her in his loving care...
I left you some more milk and cookies Santa
In the living room, when you get there.
I am no longer angry because you didn't
come when I was a little child.
You and my pop have been gone for
A long, long while...
Now Santa, remember, my mama's house
Is at the end of the road
With one lone candle in the window
So when my pop comes back he'll know
That she still cares.
Santa, plese write my mama a letter and
Tell her its from the one she said she'd love
Forever and ever, no matter what:
Signed your friend Who now sees the light.
P.S. Santa, would you please tie the letter
With a big red bow and seal it with a kiss
From the kid you forgot one Christmas
(written December 4,2009)
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Santa Please Write My Mama A Letter by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(15 April 1958)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- QUARTER! 2015 Australian Open: Djokovic .., Vincent Wendele
Poem of the Day
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Smile!, Avinash Nair
- mGIC TREE, oskar hansen
- innocence, abdirahman haaji rilwaan
- MOST LIVING PEOPLE, Michael P. Johnson
- Beautiful rose, Andytics mufc
- How Not to Play War, Ima Ryma
- We are here to sing, gajanan mishra