Will you love me in the future
Like you're loving me today,
When our skin in old and wrinkled
And what hair we have is gray?
Will you love me when I'm sleeping
Warm and cozy in my chair,
Oblivious to everything -
My life without a care?
Will you gaze at me and wonder
What it was that stole your heart -
Will you hope we'll live forever,
That we'll never be apart?
Will you cherish every moment
That we've shared in years gone by,
Will you find me over yonder
When my time has come to die?
Let's make a pact to celebrate
Our lives when they are done,
Let our spirits travel onward
Side by side beyond the sun,
May our ashes blend together
As they scatter o're the land -
On the other side of heaven
We'll be walking hand in hand.
Linda Ori's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scattered Ashes by Linda Ori )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(14 October 1888 – 9 January 1923)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(23 January 1861 - 2 Apirl 1931)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael P. McParland
- Taking advise, george albot
- Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- i leaned against a tree trunk on a colle.., Mandolyn ...
- MOVING ON, Eugene Latumbo
- Alienation, hafiz qasim
- To The Unwritten, Michael P. McParland
- To Have And To Hold, Michael P. McParland
- thousands of dreams and a lost love, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Time, Michael P. McParland