L C Vieira
and broken 'in-betweens'
I survey myself
from some higher plane,
assured that I am something more
than all these pieces
left for you to gather.
I sip my oolong
as if it holds some ancient secret
to transform me
past the parapets
of sirens -
those sinewy sorcerers
who raise up and tear down,
laughing at my foolish carelessness
as they devour
the little that remains.
L C Vieira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scattered Bits by L C Vieira )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Soul's Keys, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Confessed, Sandra Feldman
- LONELY, Egbe Chris
- The Cemetery, John Dadzie
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- God has been biting his nails again, Mandolyn ...
- Forsaken, Clara Keiper
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris
- ABROAD في الخارج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Titbit Of Tit, Saanumi ikujuni