They can take me farther;
The cruise going down through time
To sightless depths we can't fathom.
Learning to swim at the ocean's mouth,
Waterwinged angels, flitting through currents
While drowning somewhere, inside your story-
Where does one leave off,
When we've run out of glory?
The umbilical cord trails away
In a unicorn's lair,
Or a mermaid's cave;
Some things more
Than the sum of their days.
I saw the road opening out in your words,
I felt the dust storms, coating my dreams;
Salt water waves gently cleansing my wounds,
Take me to see the place where you live;
Vertiginous forests, not made of trees.
I'm burying you deep inside of me now;
Praying for keeps, when the storm recedes
Laying pieces of scattered sea glass out;
Gathering up a lost dowry, of sea;
Some things we know should always stay free.
Patti Masterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sea-Glass Eyes by Patti Masterman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...
- The Mystery Of Word, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Men who see no day, Zimba Sundrogo
- Handsome and king, hasmukh amathalal
- Stoned by sadness, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Goodness of a Life-mate (Section-6 .., rajendran muthiah
- Heart to, hasmukh amathalal
- An Ode to my Tree, Kelly Curiel
- foliage, snehanair manikkath
- Love Lures Life! - sonnet-, Manjeshwari P MYSORE