Second look memories
When time is running short,
and life is passing by.
Take a second look,
Look back and in memories you shall fly.
Between the love of a sweetheart,
the beauty of your first love.
How it was so wonderful and perfect,
until push came to shove.
Your memories continue,
of having your first child a son.
he sat thier crying in your arms,
Then he grew old in the long run.
The memories of your first gray hair,
Freaking out as you grew old.
Remeber those memories,
for when you pass away your memories fold.
away and packed forever,
kept with you for rest of time.
But never shall you forget,
when instead of hiding in life you did shine.
austin marshall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Second look memories by austin marshall )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Way You Touch Me, Spiritwind Wood
- Forever By You, Spiritwind Wood
- Thank You Lord, Kathryn Tyler King
- I Wanted You To Know, Spiritwind Wood
- Light Of Heaven, Spiritwind Wood
- Through Echoes Of The Wind, Spiritwind Wood
- Zophy, Luo Zhihai
- The Grotto, David Lewis Paget
- Heaven's Only Angel, Spiritwind Wood
- Deeper into the Sea, Joseph Narusiewicz