As one herald of life starting anew,
While in Hadean realms just inches deep,
To break lethargic spells, the time is due
To rise, and seek the light, from buried sleep;
Before too long Persephone returns,
To bring back life to all that lies dormant,
And only when the seeds break from their urns,
Will Earth expose the risen shoots extant;
But upper life is too much to contend,
Doubly harder than that of one below;
While underneath, should Death call the seed's end,
Already, it's entombed, no one would know;
.......Shoots die and lie unburied on the ground,
.......Seeds merely fade, unknown, not to be found.
Poet Other Poems
- A Drunken Sonnet
- A Beach Wish
- A Believer To His Love
- A Child Of The Road
- A Doctor To His Love
- A Fetus Speaks
- A Madrigal # 1: 'Cry Not Yourself To Sl...
- A Madrigal # 5: 'Cottage By A Wind-swep...
- A Madrigal # 6: 'Always hold On To Th S...
- A Madrigal #10: 'Tomorrow Might Not Com...
- A Madrigal #2: 'Song For Nectaria'
- A Madrigal #3: 'When You Threw Roses'
- A Madrigal #4: 'Seems Just Yesterday'
- A Madrigal #8: 'Hints Of Love'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.