john tiong chunghoo
Seeds of Destruction
if you can watch a child cry
without being touched by its innocence,
you need more help than the child.
if you witness a child of any colour
at play and are not touched by its
inquisitive spirit and bubbly energy,
you need to run through your heart and soul
for any streak of racism that may have eaten
up your propensity to love.
if children in a country
are not playing and having fun together
in their exploration of this wonderful world
and adults do nothing to encourage
them to get to know each other
they are planting seeds of destruction
which will blow up all their dreams
in their future world.
john tiong chunghoo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seeds of Destruction by john tiong chunghoo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Flood, Jose Armando Guzman
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak