SENATE REAL ESTATE APPOINTEES... JULY 29TH,2013
Why can’t our appointed Senate be abolished forever?
Because Ottawa aristocrats don’t want it severed,
Its written in the Constitution and that can’t be changed,
Referendums are relatively unknown and can’t be arranged.
And the idea of democracy is frowned on by the elite,
Senators must own real estate so shut up, sit down and take a seat,
The Canadian establishment forbids any changes,
It’s like death-with-dignity - no one is allowed these arrangements.
And if the Senate appointees have a money scandal or two,
It should be swept under their red rug - they are only a few,
Trudeau was the last one to change the Constitution a lone time ago,
They will not allow any more of those shenanigans though.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (SENATE REAL ESTATE APPOINTEES... JULY 29TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Worry-Chaser, Edgar Albert Guest
- Henry Ford's Offhand Way, Edgar Albert Guest
- Happiness no quest at all, Pranab K. Chakraborty