Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
I smell the musty scent of Summer
On hedgerows moist with morning dews,
And view the colours of Autumn leaves
Resplendent in their glorious hues.
I view this colourful World in which we live,
Created for us to admire,
Ever mindful of its beginnings,
To enjoy its pleasures before we expire.
I smell wild flowers on the river banks,
See corn growing in the fields,
Smell the freshness of newly mown grass,
As HIS Wonders, daily, to me yields.
The pleasures of the seasons,
Experienced by all of us,
Who can smell and see and understand,
What in this World ~ HE’s made for us.
Each Country is a pleasure,
To be enjoyed by all,
Whatever the weather or season,
Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall.
© Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 27 June 2006
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sensual Thoughts by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
- টিপ্পনী, Pijush Biswas
- You Put The 'Fan' In Fantastic, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Heartache, Liendang Hmar
- Paper Wing, Liendang Hmar
- Like a Candle In The Wind, Liendang Hmar
- Story Line, A.R Evangelista
- Make a living but fail not to live, Bashyam Narayanan
- The Price I Pay, James George
- Not alone, Cheryl .J Barclay
- May our friendship last forever;, Cheryl .J Barclay
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- First Inspiration, Jose Rizal
- TAGALOG ELEGY: Sining sa Halip na Dasal, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Lydia Howard Huntley Sigourney
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1644 - 1694)