Shadows of Survival
Shadows move in the foggy streetlight
The lone dog's shadow, there's no food in sight.
All skin and bone, it shivers in the cold
O God be kind put the cold on hold.
The dog begs warmth, frozen is his nose
In pursuit of warmth two shadows get close.
Seeking the heat two shadows clasp tight
The dog is stiff cold, there's no warmth in sight.
The night will be long, hunger will bite
O God let the dog see another daylight.
Two shadows merge warm close and tight
The dog will not give up without a fight.
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shadows of Survival by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- My Bird, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Two Thumbs Up., Harold R Hunt Sr
- A basket سلة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The pond, Harold R Hunt Sr
- All We Need Is Love, Sandra Feldman
- The train., Harold R Hunt Sr
- No lights., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Tail of Two Buffalo s, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not A Dream But Maybe What We Will, Hirotsugu Daba
- Remembering., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley