Alon Calinao Dy
She is My Mother
She is a woman
Who feeds, cuddles, and loves me.
The one who gave birth to me.
I'm her greatest fan.
She is my mother
Who loves my father,
Does anything for her children
And takes care of her grandchildren.
She is my best friend too,
Comforts me when I feel blue.
She is my best mother,
I couldn't replace her with another.
She is a sweet and loving parent
Who cooks my favorite foods,
Does household chores
And looks after my grandparents.
She does multi-tasks
And gives me anything I ask
Because for her,
I'm her wealth and power.
When I was a child,
She taught me how to fear God.
Sometimes, I found it awkward
But she would understand.
When I married my fiancee
She told me,
''Love your wife as your mother.''
Her advice I'd treasure forever.
Every now and then,
She would send an email.
She would always tell,
''I love you and I miss you son.''
She is my mother,
A wonderful mother
To her sons and daughter.
I am very proud of her.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (She is My Mother by Alon Calinao Dy )
- Time is Change, Taqueia Brown
- The Very First Days of Autumn, Hebert Logerie
- Red, Nate Crow
- Always wrong, hasmukh amathalal
- Satan's obsessions, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- War (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Finally hope fades away, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What can we do not to sin again? ? ? ?, ademola oluwabusayo
- Childhood collection poem -4, soulful heart
- Tell me you love me, Tiku akp
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)